Monday, August 29, 2011

A day with no troubles

Today was lovely. I know. They all are. I'm in Hawaii. No complaints. But I've sort of been a blank slate since I've been here. Today I felt like my brain woke up a little bit. We started with a pre sunrise walk across shipwreck beach, up a trail that felt like Africa to me- I was looking for the lion king somewhere. We came out on these big cliffs over the water. Stay away from the edges! Brittle lava stuff! You know I can't make the pictures work right now, but the sunrises are so amazing they look fake. Sort of like whatshisname who paints on PBS.
We returned and made a big bacon and egg(used our top dollar local eggs), local whole wheat bread with guava jelly. Didn't need to eat anymore today.
Next we trudged to the beach. It is pretty far and I don't travel light.
We met th nicest couple sitting near us at the beach. Tonight over maitais at our sports bar we wondered together what was so refreshing about them. My first thought was kind. Next was open. I think they were just the kind of people who are comfortable enough with themselves to make others comfortable. I hope i can be like that. And, of course, in that small world thing we all do, even though she was California born and bred and he was from Iran, it turned out that he spent time at U of A and was at Memphis state when PH was. Met Elvis, worked with Rick Dees. Amazing. On the other side of us was Conrad, an 11 month old who loved sand, water, and avocados.
Meanwhile, sea turtles were visiting us shoreside, sunning themselves. We goggled ( haven't rented snorkel gear yet, but goggles worked great. ) and saw some truly beautiful fish.
Now I am blogging and PH is watching the kauai visitor channel???
Tomorrow we go down the Napali coast in a catamaran. I'll report.
A quote for the day apropos of nothing.
1. Brother! He's more of a dad than a brother. And dad- well he's like the handyman.

Maybe I'll explain that one some time but right now I just dont want to forget it.



1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! It all sounds heavenly (except that bacon breakfast:):). I loved snorkeling, and you will, too. And those rainforest hikes are wonderful. When do you return to Reality?

    ReplyDelete