Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

The wanderers are home. For 8 days. We leave for the Big Adventure next week. As if we haven't had lots of Very Big Adventures. From Sewanee, we headed northish to  my high school friend's lovely lake house. We kayakked, stand-up-paddle-boarded, swam, even skiied a bit. I refused to take a picture of PriestHusband skiing as I was unable to maintain an upright position myself. Call me petty. I spent many a happy youthful moment with my feet (foot, I guess) in a slalom. Oh, well.Those days are over. Guess  it goes with my acceptance of mortality a la Sue Monk Kidd. (I'm being facetious if you are wondering. I'm not one to go gently into that good night. I WILL ski again!)
 My friend was so gracious, truly happy to set us up for Ed to study in such peaceful surroundings. Overlooking the water and MUCH cooler than home. Every morning we put off going home for one more day.
But as they say, all good things....The weekend found us back at the banks of the Mighty Mississippi. Baby Girl and I ran around saving money on tax free weekend. PH visited with his parents.BBG prepared a feast for us (see thefoodplacebo.blogspot.com for details. She is amazing!) We had a fun time on the hot, but not unbearably so, patio of a Mexican restaurant with more family. Calvary on Sunday morning. Then we crossed the river.
Now it's catch-up time. Cleaning up, tying up loose ends, some wedding prep and preparing to be away for  longer than ever before.
And you can thank us for the rain.....

1 comment: