Thursday, August 25, 2011

Gee, it's great...

After stayin out late!! Danced to that one with FSIL after a yummy Italian dinner hosted by their wonderful friends at a Berkeley eatery two nights ago. Delicious tacos in Mission District, xox chocolates, Bi-Rite ice cream, pastries from Tatine, salmon steaks with ginger miso sauce cooked by the lovely couple themselves, veggies harvested from the backyard. We are nearing the end of a lovely California visit with our new family members. This afternoon we had a lively affair in the Berkeley backyard of FSIL's grandparents. We met cousins, friends, relations of all shapes and sizes. It was fun. And so nice to see the branches of your family tree dividing and spreading. Of course, on the one hand, it seems that all families are the same, the characters just wear different Tshirts. Some of the gathering practices were very reminiscent of my own family patterns. But on the other hand, I met people who have called California home all of their lives. It's a different world out here! And BrideGirl and her fella are just great! Seeing them in their world makes me very happy. I met so many people whose names I've heard ....now they have faces and personalities.
I do have pictures but I can't download them on this machine. I told PH I needed an iPhone.
Hawaii on Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment